Monday, January 29, 2007

Mexican blocks and Gecko quilt





Here are all the Mexican blocks all set and ready to be made into the top (left). I haven't decided what to call it or how to finish it off. I think it needs some kind of border but I am not sure what I want to do about that. I guess they will sit on the design wall until I figure it out.


I also have set up my machine quilter and am going to try it again. The sewing machine seems like its working and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it does. Then I won't have to send so many of them out.


The quilt top on the right will be my first try at machine quilting in a while. I did quilt the batik stars by machine, but I didn't set up the whole quilt machine for that. I am hoping this will come out better since I will use my handi quilter. I love the color in this one and I added some applique geckos in this one. I don't know if you can see them or not they are towards the top of this photo. It's hard to see. If I get it quilted and it comes out OK, I will post another picture after it is quilted.

I also sent out (just today) Zack's 2nd Asian quilt for his bottom bunk. When I get it back I will post a picture. Those two Asian quilts, although not in my color preferrence, are my favorite quilts. I keep telling him I am going to take his quilt back. At least now he will have both beds matching.

1 comment:

Betty J in OKC said...

I would add a 1" black border around your stars, sewn together like they are on the design wall. Then I'd finish it with a 6 1/2" neon green border, but those are JUST my opinions.