Here are the photos of the fabric I dyed. The ones that I used the white muslin worked the best. The purple was different for several reasons. It was a white on white fabric -it actually looks better in this photo than it does "live". The back is fine but I thought dying the purple on the white on white would subdue the white more. You can really see the white on the printed side, the purple is there but the white really jumps out at you. Also this piece was about 2 yards long and the others were only a yard piece each (roughly, I didn't measure I just cut the 3 yard piece into 3 parts). So in the future I think I will use regular muslin, maybe I'll try a big piece again sometime but I think I will keep to smaller pieces for a while. I have a bunch of dye left to use up, but I need to go get more fabric! This was really fun actually. I definitely want to do it again! Next post are the onesies and boxers. I couldnt get them all in one post the way I wanted to separate them so I just did two different posts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment