Friday, November 30, 2007

Work in Progress

I have added a couple of things, some letters for Santa and a snowman. I couldn't figure out how to add a scarf, so I think he will just be plain. I think I'll add a face either with fabric paint or markers. I might try making a bigger one too, not sure. I'm not crazy about the house, I forgot a chimney, not sure if that's what's missing or if it's just the colors I don't like. Maybe I should make the letters I have more colorful and then I can add more to the body of the quilt and it will work together better. I guess I am still trying to figure out how I want this whole thing to look.
I guess I'll keep adding and changing until I like it enought o put it together into one piece.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Don't forget that you can add things like faces at the end of the process, after all the layers are quilted together. You can use french knots, embroidery, quilting stitches and buttons. for instance, your snowman could have buttons down his front rather than a scarf.

the green tree looks really good. I like the addition of that color. maybe a red, green and white house? You're on the right track - keep making parts and playing.

the Ho Ho Hos for Santa are marvelous.