Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tonya's class update

Here is what I have so far. I don't think I will be getting any more done until after Christmas, it has just been too busy. I have basted my "let it snow" project and have started some hand quilting which I am enjoying doing. I tried the circles that someone (I forget right now who it was but) someone in the class had hand quilted circles on their piece and it looked really interesting, it gave some nice texture so I thought I would try it. I don't think you can really tell right now in this picture but maybe after I add some more maybe you can tell.
The space next to the white tree on the right, I have stitched a green tree and I think I will add a few more rounds or perhaps I will actually fill in the lines instead of having a broken stitched tree.
On the Santa, Ho ho ho top I know it needs a lot of work and I am just not sure what yet. But I think I will keep working on the top one since I can display that after Christmas if I get it done and the Santa can go up next year if I get him done. I plan to get back to this after Christmas, but I have so much wrapping to do and cookies to make and I'm cooking dinner for Christmas Eve and I have to work Saturday-ooh I'm stressing myself out, maybe I'll have to quilt to relax.....Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, congrats on the quilt top! fun to see how this one changed as you worked on it. The swirl quilting is a great idea. I believe it's Gillian who's doing those wonderful swirls on her stockings quilt.