Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Finished and almost finished....



So I finally finished my free piecing winter quilt for Tonya's class. I was just in an after Christmas funk ,I guess. I have done a little quilting but not really blogged about it. I made a baby quilt last weekend for Melissa from work, which I did not even get a picture of . Oh well, I have another one to make soon too-Ashley from work invited me to her shower which is in a few weeks so I will need to make one for her too-not fair to make one for one co-worker and not another? Why did I get myself in this mess-there are probably 3 others at work who are pregnant! I won't make all of them a quilt though, but probably one more.

I got Patrick's pirate quilt almost done. I intend to get the binding done today. Then it will be done. I put his name in pieced letters on the back which I thought would be fun. This was a fairly easy quilt as it was just a yellow brick road pattern. But for some reason took a while to get motivated to do. I guess I liked all the pirate fabrics I had but when I put them all together I wasn't as crazy about them. The blues don't exactly match but I guess as a whole it's kinda cute since it has the theme going. I'm sure he'll like it-he's only four he doesn't know how to match colors! So after finishing this quilt and Ashley's baby quilt I should attack some UFOs before I start anything new. Although Bonnie is doing a super bowl bargello I am sort of interested in trying. Do I really want to start a new project? I really like starting new projects, they just don't all get finished.....

3 comments:

Katie said...

Looking good. Sure start something new.

Rose Marie said...

Love your snowmen quilt and the embellishments sure give it an added surprise! Your pirate quilt is sweet and those brighter blues gives the quilt sparkle. What a great idea for adding a name to the quilt back!

Tonya Ricucci said...

patrick's name looks great! don't beat yourself up about it, since he definitely won't care about matching colors. and besides, colors are supposed to match - something I've been struggling with myself. gives the quilt more energy.